Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thank Goodness the World Isn't Flat

Because by now I surely would have fallen off the edge, and according to blogger world I really have.  I officially took my last final and turned in my last project yesterday, and I could not be more ecstatic. This was a rough semester, and I had to take a break from by hobbies while I buckled down and got everything finished.  This semester really taught me something (more than just how to teach k-4 students), I have an ongoing battle with control...  =-0 confession time!  Lol, seriously though there is absolutely no way that I could have gotten through these last few weeks on my own, and even though I am currently talking about surrendering control to God, I am not limiting it to that.  I, like my mother (shocking how much I notice I am like her the older I get), have a certain way of doing EVERYTHING; from folding towels, to washing and putting up dishes to dusting... there are certain ways that it "should" be done.  And my husband, though bless his heart he really tries, does not understand this aspect of me.  However, between all three 20+ page papers, ten children's books I had to finish writing, and every test I was studying for (all within the last four weeks) I had the epiphany that it is okay if things are not perfect.  Even though the fold is not symmetrical the towels are still put up, and he deserves a gold star and blue ribbon for helping.


God has blessed me with so much, and I really felt guilty for a while because I  was not appreciating it.  How could a God still love me and take care of me when I was pushing Him away while saying, "No thank you. I got this."  Which, in all honesty, I really did not "have" this.  Then after prompted to be ready to tell and explain my favorite Bible verse on the last night of our Journey Group (Bible Study group) the other night, I picked up my Bible and read a passage that I have leaned on so many times, but had let grow cold in my heart.  


Romans 8:35-39
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
   “For your sake we face death all day long; 
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

The reason I love this passage so much is because no matter how much we push God away and say, "No, I got this."  The harder he holds on.  He is not going to let me go; I cannot and will not be separated from Him.  

I don't have anything crafty to show today.  Even though I had to take a break from hobbying, I was still creating things for projects and such, but I may post those at a late date (Besides I have to get my camera fixed.  It decided to break in all the chaos).  However, I do plan on some much needed crafty time this week.  I need to make things for Mother's Day, and my husband is graduating Saturday!!!  Yay!


Sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to say Hi.  I Will Be Back!  =-)

Olivia 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. I am a control freak too and after having a baby which is the most unpredictable thing in the world I understood that I can't plan every step I make, somethings just have to flow and we just have run with it. IS funny how we depend on many material things or people but God is someone that no matter what happens is ALWAYS there even if we are not in the mood, sick, tired. He always welcomes us back to his arms because he knows that we can't find a better place, because there is no love like HIS love. Have a Great Day!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete