Monday, July 9, 2012

Splish Splash

I spent almost 7 weeks staying with my Grandmother in Louisiana earlier this summer.  The great part about it is that I was able to see my family for more than just two days (the last time I was able to do that was when I lived there in jr. high and early high school).  My Granny shares a lot of land with my cousin (and her family), and they both live across the street from my aunt.  


They all live right down the street from the first house that I have ever lived in *the house my father built*.  The same people live in it now who bought it from us when we moved away to Memphis, TN all those years ago.  It was almost a surreal feeling to drive past it every day.


Anyways *exiting off Memory Lane*, I had some fun times with all my little cousins, and I was able to scrapbook a few of those while I was there. *There are more to come now that I am home too*


This particular layout is my first shot at making  a two page layout:



After a series of extremely hot day the kiddos were getting a little stir crazy, so out came the slip and slide!



I added some stitching and journaling after the pictures were taken, just to add some spice.  The accents and pattern paper are from  Imaginisce Animal Crackers collection.  The ribbon is some I had in my stash (I'm not positive where it is from).   




In other news, I am trying to decide on a theme for my classroom.  I really kind of want to go with a travel/adventure theme; however, I want it to focus on world travel not just the USA, and I don't want the emphasis to be on transportation (which is what almost every thing I look at for this theme focuses on).  So, I am trying my hand in making my own cutesy classroom theme printables that you see all over the teacher blogs and websites.  We shall see how this turns out.  If you have any suggestions that would help with any aspect of this I would love to hear it (through email, comment, whatever).


I believe that is all I have for you now (mostly because watching Rachel Ray while I am typing this is making me hungry).


Until Next Time:
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment