Monday, July 23, 2012

Celebrations of Terror

Drum Roll Please...................

I received a call around 8:30 pm a couple weeks ago informing me that I am an official 3rd Grade Literacy teacher!!! YAY

And I can honestly say that the nightmares started that night.

"Oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into....!"
"I am responsible for the education of 50 students....!!"
"What if I can't reach them....!!!"
"What if I miss out on what they really need to know....!!!!"
AAAAHHHH

Needless to say I am secretly terrified (though not so secret at this point) Lol. Don't get me wrong. I know with all my heart this is what I am meant to do.  I have never felt so comfortable as I have with my students in a classroom. It's just a little  a LOT nerve racking for it to be MY classroom this time.

God has blessed me so much to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing group of teachers.  I know they will be my support lifeline throughout this year.  

Walking into my classroom for the first time this is what I saw:


Now, being a person who thrives on organization this slightly overwhelms me, but I have been working on it and will hopefully have some finished pictures soon enough.  Even my wonderful husband has been up there helping me =-)!

Until Next Time

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment