Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Journey

Well, it is a new year.  I cannot believe that it is 2011 already.  I can still remember the turn of the century with all of the Y2K mess; it seems like yesterday.  But that is past, and we must not dwell on the past; we must learn from it!  =-)  I am beginning a new scrapping journey.  My crafty new years resolution was to learn (and practice) how to do layouts, because frankly... I stink. Lol.  I am also on a new spiritual journey.  I am truly a control freak, and I have a hard time putting all that I have into someone else's control.  To follow instead of lead. But this year I want to learn to follow.  What I decided to do was to scrapbook my journey. Killing two birds with one stone!

I am currently on a plan to read the entire Bible in one year.  However, that plan is not set in stone, because if God leads me in a different direction I want to follow Him there.  I probably will not scrap for every single day, but then again you never know... =-)

This first layout centers around chapters 1-4 of Genesis and the creation story.  I will not always use photographs, sometimes it will just be my thoughts on these pages.

For this page everything was cut out from the Life is a Beach cartridge.  


The sun was cut out at 5 inches
The wave boarder is 11.75 by 2.5inches
The whale and lizard were both cut at 2 inches 


I used ribbon, assorted buttons, and Stickles to embellish



I am so excited to learn and grow in the scrapbooking world!  I know I have so many things to lean on this journey, and I am so excited to get started.

Olivia

P.S.  I would love to hear if you have any suggestions for either of these goals. A better way to set up a page, or maybe something that inspires you.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic details! :) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment on my ladybug card! I really appreciate it! I would love to read through the Bible as well, but I know I'll fall of the wagon and feel as guilty as ever and that's not His goal either. So I will be just "doing my best". I think my husband and I are going to read through the gospels instead and make it a smaller chunk. :) Good luck! -p.s. your layouts do NOT stink!

    ReplyDelete